Our mission is to financially support the economic, educational, development and social well-being of youth in our community.
Mobilize the Community
- Inform, engage and invest in the community
Invest In Achievement
- Increase the impact of the Southfield Kappa Foundation current programs and initiatives
Create a Culture of Philanthropy
- Strengthen donor relationships to increase giving to the Southfield Kappa Foundation
Collaborate for Success
- Establish strategic alliances among philanthropic, nonprofit, educational, corporate and public sector entities who are aligned with the Southfield Kappa Foundation’s vision and mission
Building a Foundation of Sustainability
- Build a strong operational infrastructure, guided by best practices in donor management, marketing, communications, staffing and governance in philanthropy, to increase capacity.
SMART MOVE Leadership Training Program is an academic mentoring, character building, and leadership training program that inspires its participants to seek and achieve success in all aspects of their lives.
Smart Move students will accomplish the 3 main goals:
• Ignite their thirst for learning
• Improve their grades
• Seek positions of leadership in the home, school, and in the community
Students are challenged to take ownership and control over their lives. High intensity, music, movies, dramatic interpretations, and role play are used to capture and keep the attention of the students, maintain an atmosphere of fun and excitement, and inspire them to seek and achieve academic excellence.
PARENT EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM
Smart Move Training also provides as specific program for parents and guardians that empowers them and provides training specifically to them to create a culture of success in the home for their children. The Parent Empowerment Program covers the following principles:
1. The Power Of Unconditional Love (Fight Fire With Water)
2. Education And The Quest For Knowledge And Higher Learning Must Be Stressed Every Day
3. You Define Your Child’s Self Esteem
4. You Are Your Child’s First And Most Important Teacher
5. You Must Not Only Talk The Talk, You Must Walk The Walk
The Foundation Goal is Guiding Youth
Guide Right is a program of the educational and occupational guidance of youth, primarily inspirational and informative in character. The purposes of the Guide Right Service Program is to place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life’s career, and to arouse the interest of the entire community in the problems of youth as they seek to realize lives of usefulness. The basic objectives of Guide Right may be summarized as follows:
1. To help youth in selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes and personalities.
2. To assist students while they are in training, to get started in employment, and to progress successfully in their
3. To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over their problems with those
who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
4. To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored entertainment and
5. To inform youth of the values of higher education, of assistance available for continued educational pursuits,
scholarships, loans, professional counseling, fellowships, etc., of various occupational and professional opportunities,
and of the current labor demands and the trends on the (1) effect of these demands and trends on the labor
market, supply rewards, etc. and (2) requirements for obtaining employment, i.e. personal, scholastic, economic.
This is should be a prospective customer’s number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.