SKF CENTER AND HEADQUARTERS FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICES:
- SUMMARY OF SKF SUCCESS:
- We Have Awarded Over $830,000 In Scholarships Since 1992
- We Have Supported the Mentorship of Over 400 High School Age Young Men For 4 Years Through The Kappa League Program
- Contributed Over 42,000 Volunteer Hours To Mentoring And Community Service Over The Past 27 Years
- Acquired A 2200 Sq. Ft. Building To Serve As SKF Center And Headquarters For Volunteer Services.
Striving to be a Premiere Philanthropic Foundation which enhances the quality of life in our communities.
We are committed to helping our communities realize and achieve their full potential through our philanthropic efforts.
SKF is committed to assisting families, in communities we serve, achieve their full potential.
SKF was established in 1992 as a nonprofit organization. SKF operates as a non-profit, tax-exempt, publicly supported organization as described in Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Contributions made to SKF are tax deductible.
SKF is an independent corporate entity with a Board of Directors responsible and accountable for setting strategy and establishing a policy to meet the needs of the foundation. The Board adheres to a well-defined governance model and is guided by the SKF Bylaws and Strategic Plan and receives no monetary remuneration for its services.
SKF Financial Books are prepared based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
SKF DELIVERS SEVERAL COMMUNITY OUT REACH PROGRAMS:
- Provided Food Baskets To Feed More Than 5,800 Families For Thanksgiving Over The Last 27 Years
- Participated In Community Blood Drives
- Hosted Seminars On Public Health
- Supported Community Voter Awareness & Get Out The Vote Campaigns
- Donated Christmas $250 Gifts Certificates To The Saving Kids
Of Incarcerated Parents Programs (SKIPP)
- Volunteered For Public Park Cleanup In The City Of Southfield For The Last 3 Years
- Volunteered over 42,000 service hours to the communities we serve over the last 27 years
- Impacted educational, leadership and character development for the youth we have supported thru the Kappa League Program.
Awarded 27 One Thousand Dollar Scholarships To Young Men And Women In 2020
Your Donation Will Help Fund Scholarships For Students Who Meet The Following Criteria:
- Applicants Must Maintain A Minimum 2.65 GPA Or Greater
- Are Enrolled Or Will Be Enrolling In A Degree Program At An Accredited College Or University.
- Are Active In Community Service